Maintenance of Textile Mills in Lubbock, TXSeptember 4, 2018 9:21 pm Leave your thoughts
What steps should be taken for proper maintenance of textile mills in Lubbock, TX? For the best results, several types of maintenance should be performed regularly. An effective maintenance schedule will increase productivity and reduce repairs and downtime at the mill. Use the following guide to perform the proper maintenance at your mill:
- Routine maintenance: Some maintenance items should be done frequently. These repetitive tasks include cleaning, lubrication and minor adjustments. Depending on the production level of the mill, certain machinery may require these tasks daily.
- Running maintenance: This includes maintenance that is performed while the machinery is in operation. These tasks are completed before preventative maintenance.
- Opportunity maintenance: This work is completed when an unplanned opportunity presents itself. While performing planned maintenance or emergency repairs to other machines in the area, a technician may have the opportunity to perform maintenance on another part of the textile mill in Lubbock, TX. It is important to seize these opportunities when they are available, as they can save time and hassle down the road.
- Window maintenance: There may be a season or small window of time when a machine or certain equipment is not in use. While it is not required for operation, the machinery can undergo “window” maintenance.
- Shutdown maintenance: When the production line is stopped and maintenance is carried out, this is referred to as shutdown maintenance. During this time, preventative maintenance is performed that ensures the proper operation of the mill once production is restarted.
- Breakdown maintenance: All of the previously mentioned types of maintenance fall under the category of preventative maintenance. These regular tasks are performed on a schedule or when the opportunity arises. Breakdown maintenance, on the other hand, is performed when a problem occurs. Something breaks, and it must be repaired. Typically, when more preventative maintenance is completed, fewer breakdown maintenance repairs are required.
- Corrective maintenance: This type of maintenance involves repairing, replacing or restoring to not only correct the current situation but to prevent it from happening again in the future. It requires four steps: fault detection, fault isolation, fault elimination and verification. This process involves adjustments, calibrations, reworking, alignments, removals, replacements and renovation. The final result is an improved system that should not suffer from the same problem in the future.
- Predictive maintenance: These activities are designed to detect changes in the equipment to predict future problems. Technicians look for signs of failure and complete the necessary maintenance to prevent issues and maximize the life of the equipment. This information can also be applied to the design and creation of future machinery.
Would you like additional information and tips for proper maintenance of textile mills in Lubbock, TX? M.B. McKee Company, Inc. has all the answers you need. Our team has been serving our local community of Lubbock since 1943. We provide great customer service and solutions for ongoing maintenance issues. With over 70 years of experience, our products, services and engineering will always exceed your expectations. Contact us today with any questions!
Categorised in: Textile Mill
This post was written by Writer